San Diego River Coalition
Groups and organizations with a common interest in the San Diego River have come together to form the San Diego River Coalition. The San Diego River Coalition also serves as the Citizens Advisory Committee (CAC) for River Park planning efforts.
Our adopted mission is to:
"Preserve and enhance the San Diego River, its watershed, and its natural, cultural, and recreational resources."
The San Diego River Coalition meets on the third Friday of each month.
Febraury 17, 2016
3 - 4:30 PM
Mission Valley Library
2123 Fenton Parkway
See a map.
AGENDA - February 2017 (PDF)
Agendas are typically posted one week before the meeting.
UPDATE: At November 2016 meeting the River Coalition adopted the 2017 Work Plan. Members will have 30 days to update specific items as discussed at the meeting. After that, the Work Plan will be posted and distributed.
Meeting Materials - For Coalition Members for Work Plan 2017
Work Plan Process - FINAL (word)
March - TBD
April - Cancelled (meeting space not available)
Previous Meetings Information:
Link to Shot Hole Borer Presentation (PDF) - click here
2016 Annual Work Plan (adopted)- Click Here (excel)
2016 Work Plan Current Project Support List (adopted) - Click Here (PDF)
Contact Coalition Chair Rob Hutsel email@example.com with Agenda Items
Getting to the meeting:
- Trolley Station is conveniently located nearby. Take the trolley to the Fenton Marketplace Station. The Library is located just north of the station along Fenton Parkway.
- Driving Directions: take Friars Road to Fenton Parkway. Turn south. The library is located near the end of the road on the left (east) side of the street. The parking lot can fill up, so please park in the shopping center lot to leave room for other library users.
The Coalition has unanimously adopted a set of Ground Rules for the meetings. Each member organization has agreed to follow these guidelines for the Coalition meetings and supports the mission of the Coalition. Each organization designates someone to represent them at the meetings.
We encouraged interested individuals and organizations to come to one of our public meetings. They are terrific places to meet other people interested in the river, to exchange ideas and experiences, and to learn the latest news about the San Diego River Park.
Member Organizations of the San Diego River Coalition include:
- San Diego River Park Foundation (chair)
- Friends of Dog Beach
- Friends of Famosa Slough
- Friends of Mission Valley Preserve
- Friends of Adobe Falls
- Friends of Ruffin Canyon
- Friends of Dove Canyon
- Friends of the San Diego River Mouth
- Friends of Santee's River Park
- Audubon Society, San Diego Chapter
- Sierra Club, San Diego Chapter
- Mission Trails Regional Park CAC
- Mission Trails Regional Park Foundation
- Tecolote Canyon CAC
- Mission Valley Planning Group
- Mission Valley Community Council
- Dog Beach Committee/Ocean Beach Town Council
- Ocean Beach Planning Board
- Serra Mesa Planning Group
- Serra Mesa Community Council
- Ocean Discovery Institute
- Project Pacific
- California History and Culture Conservancy
- Founders' Trail Associates
- San Diego Archaeological Center
- Lakeside Historical Society
- Maine Avenue Revitalization Association
- Santee Historical Society
- Project Wildlife
- Surfrider Foundation, San Diego Chapter
- Friends of the Point Loma Garden
- Friends of the Normal Heights Canyons
- Friends of the University Heights Canyon
- Friends of Buchanan Canyon
- National Wildlife Federation
- California Wild Heritage Campaign
- San Diego Fly Fishers
- Save Our Heritage Organization
- Huck-Fin Environmental Education
- Lakeside's River Park Conservancy
- San Diego County Trails Council
- Ramona Trails Council
- San Diego County Bicycle Coalition
- San Diego Mountain Biking Association
- Back Country Land Trust
- Endangered Habitats Conservancy
- Back Country Coalition
- Preserve Wild Santee
- Cuyamaca Rancho Foundation
- Navajo Community Planners, Inc.
- Tierrasanta Community Council
- Mission Bay Park Committee
- San Diego Presidio Park Council
- California Native Plant Society, San Diego Chapter
- San Diego Coastkeeper
- San Diego Stream Team
- I Love A Clean San Diego
- Urban Corps of San Diego
- The Nature Conservancy
- Julian Community Planning Group
- Trust for Public Lands
- San Diego Tracking Team
- Citizens Coordinate for Century 3 (C-3)
- San Diego Canyonlands Inc.
- Tierrasanta Fire Safe Council
- Allied Climbers of San Diego
Affiliated Members of the Coalition Businesses and others who support the mission of the Coalition:
- San Diego Landfill Systems
- Endangered Habitats League
If you are interested in more information about the San Diego River Coalition or would like to be listed as supporting this effort, contact Rob Hutsel firstname.lastname@example.org.