Save the Source Program
Protecting and Restoring the Upper Reaches of the Watershed
Our Save the Source Program is dedicated to conserving critically important lands in the Upper San Diego River watershed. These lands are valuable providing linkages for wildlife movement, amazing recreation opportunities, incredible pristine vistas, and much more. Once these properties are acquired, the program also manages and monitors them so they will be there for future generations to enjoy.
There four primary areas where we work:
- Southern Tributaries
- Eagle Peak Preserve Conservation Area
- Peutz Creek Preserve Conservation Area
- El Cajon Mountain Conservation Area
Current Priority Project: Click here
How you can be part of Save the Source:
- Explore the backcountry! Click here for more information about places to go.
- Donate to support land acquisition!
- Volunteer! No experience is necessary. Our preserve volunteers help with activities like wildlife camera management, field monitoring, trail repair and habitat management. Volunteers can work on any or all of these activities! Contact the Preserve Manager to learn more email@example.com.
- Stay informed on issues and opportunities by signing up for the free monthly e-news.
- Include the program in your Will or other estate plans. Click here fore more information